Sept. 2, 2022 - It's been a while since parents had to add money to their students' "Lunch Money Now" accounts in order for them to purchase school meals in the cafeteria or to apply for free and reduced meals. The Comal Independent School District created a graphic as an overview of the two options every student has, to receive school meals this year.
Option 1 = Free & Reduced Meals
- Complete an eligibility application. Parents are encouraged to complete an application to see if they qualify for free and reduced meals for the 2022-2023 school year.
- Within 24 hours of applying online, benefits will be determined. Benefits may include free meals or reduced-price meals. If not eligible or if meals are provided at a reduced price, parents should go to Option 2 and add money to their student's account.
Option 2 = Add Money to Student Account
- Create a Lunch Money Now account. Be sure to have the student ID number and birthdate on hand when creating an account.
- OR Provide cash or check to Campus Cafeteria Staff. Be sure to include student's name and ID number on the check's memo line or on the envelope for cash.
- Use Lunch Money Now all year long. View balances; add additional funds or set low balance notifications.
Comal ISD Meal Prices for the 2022-2023 School Year
- Elementary, Middle and High Schools - $1.95 (paid) $.30 (reduced)
- Faculty/Visitor - $2.80
- Elementary Schools - $3.20 (paid) $0.40 (reduced)
- Middle and High Schools - $3.40 (paid) $0.40 (reduced)
- Faculty/Visitor - $4.05