April 14, 2021 - Fifteen student-athletes from Smithson Valley High School celebrated a big milestone today with families, teammates and coaches. They each signed National Letters of Intent to play the sport of their choice at the collegiate level.
This is one of the largest signing days hosted by SVHS and represents a culmination of years of hard work from early morning until late at night with practice, lessons, wins and losses.
Among the 15, five are planning to play baseball in college; two, football; three, soccer; two, track and field; and three, volleyball.
- Brandon Taylor, Temple College
- Jakob Cernohous, University of Pikeville in Kentucky
- Cameron Hodges, Richland College
- John Garza, Richland College
- Christian Keller, Richland College
- Nathan Moczygemba, University of Mary Hardin-Baylor
- Jalen Nutt, University of Incarnate Word
- Ryan Harley, University of Chester in England
- Teag Maples, Hardin-Simmons University
- Devin Yocham, Schreiner University
Track & Field Athletes
- Tait Maples, Dallas Baptist University
- Ashley Shea, McMurry University
- Hailey Hayes, Vassar College
- Naomi Ortiz, University of Alabama at Birmingham
- Lily Sandoval, Our Lady of the Lake University
-Smithson Valley High School student-athletes signed National Letters of Intent Wednesday, April 14, to play the sport of their choice at the collegiate level. Pictured front row from left are Devin Yocham, Teag Maples, Lily. Sandoval, Naomi Ortiz, Ashley Shea, John Garza, Cameron Hodges and Christian Keller. Pictured back row from left are Ryan Harley, Tait Maples, Jakob Cernohous, Hailey Hayes, Nathan Moczygemba, Jalen Nutt and Brandon Taylor.